Thursday, February 18, 2010

Olympics, love, crying, and other such nonsense.


Let's talk about the Olympics and how much I love them (and how awkward it is to try and type the word Olympics)....

I L-O-V-E the Olympics! I love what they stand for, I love the under dog stories, I love the success stories, I love watching people pour their hearts out for their country, I love watching the events whether it's the Summer or Winter Olympics. But since we're right in the middle of the Winter Olympics let's talk about them!

I love the Opening Ceremonies...
I love the artistry and creativity of these ceremonies. I love learning about the culture and history of the host country during the ceremony. I love the anticipation of who will be the torch bearer to light the cauldron. It's just all so beautiful!

I love Figure Skating...
I was so delighted to find out that the two pairs figure skaters from the US train in the Tampa Bay area. What up to the Ellenton outlet mall! And was even more elated to find out the a girl from one team is dating a guy from the other. Makes such a wonderful story!

I love Snowboarding...
It's a secret desire of mine to be super good at snowboarding but let's be honest living in FL this is probably NOT going to happen. I cried like a baby last night when Shawn White won gold! LOVE IT!

I love Skiing...
Whoa it would be amazing to fly down a hill that fast and terrifying! I've never been skiing. We're keeping Claire this weekend while Em and Chris go skiing...it might be as close as I ever get to skiing.

I love Curling...
We bought a video game for our Wii after Christmas that had curling as an event. Since then I'm obsessed with curling.

I love Bobsledding...
Cool Runnings. Enough Said.

I cry a lot....
I cry when someone wins, I cry during any country's national anthem but ESPECIALLY the Star Spangled Banner, I cry when they get their medals, I cry when they have a good performance, I cry in the recap shows, I cry in the interviews! The Olympics just make me weepy. Anyone else have that issue?

I told MK last night that I want to be an Olympian - he told me I was past my prime! OUCH! It's true with 27 happening next week these 19 yr. old kids would kick my booty even if I was good at any Winter (or Summer) event.

love,

Olympian Hopeful lp

1 comment:

  1. Don't let age keep you from pursuing your dreams! Wasn't there like a 40 yr old swimmer in the last Summer Olympics? You could definitely be a figure skater. I love the Olympics too! It makes me feel like a member of the world and not just the U.S.

    ReplyDelete