Thursday, June 17, 2010

Summer Salad


Ok so I mentioned in my last post about a Martha Stewart's high and fancy summer salad that I had to make on a working girls/boys money...i.e. no lobster sub shrimp from Publix.

It was so good on Sunday I had to make it again for dinner tonight...for just me. I'm a little obsessed with it and was so excited I had enough of all ingredients left over except for the shrimp to make again tonight!
I like good food ok, deal with it.

Take a look though. Tell me that doesn't just look divine, refreshing and healthy (minus the bread I know...sometimes you have to have a little french baguette in your life).

Thank you Martha for the recipe. It made me feel high and fancy as I ate and watched House Hunters International and dreamed of living in Paris permanently.

So if you're interested here's what the salad consists of:
Arugula (fresh)
Cilantro (fresh)
Grilled Corn on the Cob sliced off the cob
(brushed with olive oil and salt and pepper)
Tomatoes
(grape or whatever you've got)
Avocado
Squeeze of lemon or lime whatever you've got
(Martha prefers lime I suppose)
Shrimp (or Lobster if you're so inclined) brushed with olive oil, fresh parsley and fresh chopped chives (broiled or grilled)
Sliced french baguette (my addition not Martha's)
I suppose you could add fresh shredded parmesan too but I didn't as that thought it just now occurring to me.

I couldn't tell ya how much of what was in the salad I just threw it all in there till it looked good enough. That's just how I cook, take it or leave it.

- summer salad chef lp

1 comment:

  1. I cook the same way (without measuring much). Sometimes it backfires on me, but things usually come out pretty nicely. Thanks for the recipe! The picture look SO delicious!

    ReplyDelete