Friday, July 30, 2010

Thankful

We have a lot to be thankful for lately. We feel very blessed all around for our health, for our jobs, for our home, for each other but most of all for our family. I'm sure some have heard but due to the events that have involved our family the past few months I feel more and more thankful for each and every member of our families. We've had health scares, freak accidents, and now add to the list armed robbery. You know it's crazy and difficult times when someone decides it's time to rob a preacher and his secretary in broad daylight. Everyone is safe and on the mend without any super serious injuries. I don't know if I've ever thanked the Lord so much for my Dad as I have the past two days. He truly is a treasure and God truly is good.
For goodness sakes what would we do without G-Daddy?
So with those thoughts let's keep in mind God's grace and love and safety and friends and blessings of family and the beauty we see in everyday life. Like this beautiful dragonfly on MK's handsome hand.

- thankful lp


4 comments:

  1. My goodness - brought tears to my eyes! How scary! I'm thankful too for your dad and so glad that he is ok! - Ann (I don't have a google account so it says Jon but its really me.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, I had no idea! My cousin, a bank teller, was robbed this week as well. It's a scary thing! I'm so glad they are okay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad everyone's ok. That is sooo scary. Praise the Lord for his protection! Thanks for sharing your blessings with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praise God for keeping him and Patty safe! Your dad IS a treasure! A fellow lefty AND a Tide fan. :)

    ReplyDelete