Monday, March 22, 2010

Crafty Crafinista



So although some what artistic but by no means an artist and have some what of an artistic eye I never claimed to be crafty. I am not meticulous enough or patient enough to do most crafts. I like the idea of crafty things however me executing crafty things usually turns out in disaster.

This weekend there was a fantasy baseball draft for several husbands who shall remain nameless for their own protection (especially since the fantasy sports seem to be getting out of hand and they have forgotten that they are indeed fantasies and not realities). So while these nameless husbands participated in a "draft" that took hours the diligent wives decided to have a girls night at Chez Kelly.

This night included Vegetarian Pasta, Chocolate Chip Pie, Crafts (yikes) and New Moon (YES)! A true girly evening.

The craft the we ambitiously embarked on thanks to Freiji's ability to understand the culture of crafting was fancy headbands. Not just any fancy headbands but headbands that have flowers on them. The reason for this project...There ain't no way I'm paying $20 for plastic and fabric at a store just because it's cute. The thought behind this project...I could so do that! So we did...

Now to clarify it took me forever to complete my two headbands due to the fact I have an inability to cut things with scissors (just ask my mom....according to her it's because I'm left handed). Despite my troubles with scissors and glue guns and needles and thread I believe these turned out just adorable and am excited to try my hand at it again soon (especially since all the materials got left at my house)! I might even add a feather to the next one.





- Craftinista lp

3 comments:

  1. Oooh these are awesome! Next time you do crafts, let me know! I could try my hand at some for Mia too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so cute! Wish I could have come! How fun!!

    ReplyDelete