Thursday, May 20, 2010

Distraction, Veggies, and the Effects of Marriage on Diets....

I am in need a of a distraction from staring a food, recipes and training materials this morning or afternoon whichever it is and....
This one has lost his crazy mind today


And has therefore influenced this one to be just as crazy....

So here are my thoughts lately on food.
Monday I went grocery shopping. While shopping for the necessities I had a hard time figuring out which protein (specifically chicken, pork and turkey) sounded good to me and which ones I would want to cook with this week.

Alternately while in the perusing the produce, veggies, and nuts I had to make myself stop from putting items into my cart. The fresh fruits, decadent berries, tasty leafy greens and delicious roasted almonds were just so appealing to me.

Monday and Tuesday MK wasn't really around so I cooked and ate whatever looked good to me at the time. By Wednesday night when I contemplating dinner I realized it had been since Sunday since I had had protein from a meat source and the lack of meat didn't bother me.

All this made me wonder......
Would I be an vegetarian inadvertently due to my own food preferences and not convictions (cause let's be honest I do not have personal issues with eating animals) if I were still single at this point in life and not married to MK who is very much a carnivore?

It is quite interesting to consider how the person you are married to influences every single part of your life including which foods you choose to eat even if those items may or may not be a personal preference. Now understand that I don't have an issue with this influence, I just think it's interesting to think about.

- carnivorous lp

p.s. Alternatively Doritos were Buy One Get One (BOGO for Payless fans) and I'm weak. I do love Doritos! Don't judge.

2 comments:

  1. I'm the exact opposite, if it wasn't for Jana I would likely eat no fruits or veggies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find that when I am eating alone I tend towards the veggie options myself. Its not that I have anything again meat, I just don't like a lot of it. I am also noticing that when I cook for Louie that I always make some sort of protien, but I don't always eat it. So I totally understand.

    ReplyDelete