Friday, May 7, 2010

Positive Attitude, Trust and Enchiladas

So I've been faced with difficult situations lately and am working through them but man is it hard to have a good attitude.

Sometimes it's even harder to trust that situations will work out for the best in the end (especially when you're a control freak posing as a go with flow kinda girl)! ;-)

Moving forward with your life into all kinds of uncertainty effects that attitude and trust. It's hard to concentrate on the important things and just give it up to God sometimes.

So in the midst of all this uncertainty and uneasy feelings and trust and out of control feelings I decided that MK and I would really enjoy some homemade Enchiladas and Taco Soup, it was Cinco de Mayo after all!

The recipe for enchiladas was given to me years ago and I have made that recipe on occasion but it got eaten somewhere between me "organizing" and the junk drawer. So I made the recipe up as I perused the aisles of Publix. I think they turned out quite well! I would give the recipe however since they were made up I only know the ingredients and not how much of each item was used. That's generally how I cook anyways...poor MK is always having to try my inventions. Lucky for me isn't all that picky and eats most everything.

The Taco Soup however was a recipe I followed and was quite possibly the easiest/quickest soup I've ever made! It was a recipe I've had since the we got married given to by a lady from church.

All in all it was a grand fiesta! Afterwards we went to church and went to bed earlier. We are wild and crazy I know!

-Senora LP



No comments:

Post a Comment