Saturday, October 16, 2010

New Look & MY Dad

So there is a new look going on here...any thoughts?
I like the picture of my pups sleeping cause that's what they like to do best (besides run around like maniacs on cool fall mornings).

This week I had the pleasure of taking some pictures of my dad for an article in a Christian magazine.  If there is a link later I'll post it.  Anyways, it was quite a bright morning to take the pictures but I think we managed ok.  Dad wears glasses that are transition lenses and since it's Florida and sunny he and I decided that lightly tinted sunglasses were a good thing.  I love my dad.  When I asked him what he thought about loosing the glasses he said, "No one will know who I am without my glasses."  Of course!  It's true he looks quite differently without his glasses.
It was a harsh light but let me know what you think....
This one wasn't used sent the magazine but I like how it shows my Dad's kindness.  He was smiling at and talking to a passerby on a bike (hope the guy comes to visit maybe).
Not sent either...but I still like it, especially his hands covering his transition lenses so they won't be so dark in the sunlight.  I like his half smile...

Lookin' good in those shades! Plus the additional bushes that I decided needed to be added due to some unsightly parts of the church building.

For those of you who have the pleasure of knowing my dad, you know he is a great man.  I feel lucky to be raised by such a man.  I'm really not talented enough with words to convey what kind of man he is, but I hope that through these pictures you can see his heart and his kindness because that's the true beauty of my Dad.

By the way I noticed while looking closely at these pictures that not matter how much I KNOW I look my Mom...I'm pretty sure I inherited my Dad's Scottish cheeks.

-Daddy's Girl lp

3 comments:

  1. I love your Daddy! He has always been like a 2nd Daddy to me! Give him a BIG hug for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dad is an amazing person, and our family is blessed to know him. Great photos, great new look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made me tear up, girl. He is amazing. I don't think I could be any happier to have a preacher with such similar roots to my own. Not to mention he (and your mom ;) ) did a great job raising two gals that are the coolest.

    ReplyDelete