Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Kite Runner



I understand that I may be a few years late here reading The Kite Runner BUT I finally got around to reading it. I'm sad I did not read it before. I'm thankful to Khaled Hossieni for writing this book. It opened my eyes to prejudice I may have had and not even been aware of the existence of it in my own heart. I am also thankful for the story of redemption of ones self that you can come full circle. I encouraged MK to read this novel and I hope that he does. I encourage all of you to read this even if we are a few years behind the trend. I think it's profitable even though its about a foreign culture, and customs and beliefs that we may or may not understand even after reading the book. It's a good read.

It's been quite the week and half for us in so many ways that I don't want to even elaborate because even thinking about it exhausts me. Through this week though I have been even more
thankful for my husband MK and his strength and understanding and humor and concern for me. He is a true blessing in my life. I thank God for my lovely, crazy, handsome, hardworking, leader of a husband He saw fit to bless me with.

Oh AND we booked a cruise on Royal Caribbean! Can't wait to go! Next to Europe cruises are my favorite!

always,

lp

No comments:

Post a Comment