Thursday, January 28, 2010

Please forgive this rant....

Please forgive this negative post that you are about to read....but I'm tired.

Work has worn me down. I'm tired of working around the clock 7 days a week with no help on the three jobs I've been covering for a year now.

Let's talk about the anonymity of emails:

Emails allow people to horrible and nasty without a conscience or guilt. The blackberry and iPhone make the entire process even worse. In my job I receive every single guest email that comes through our website. And people write the worse things and do not consider that their responses to the incredibly nice email (that includes most of the time groveling on my part even though I had nothing to do with the issue)I sent back are super rude. Sometimes when I'm tired and worn out these rude emails just wear me down and make me not want to do my job. So when you have an issue with a place of business and you write a letter or email to let them know your disappointment please remember that person receiving your emails may have NOTHING to do with the issue that you experienced. So lets all try to be nicer.

In reference to the working 7 days a week:

I'm tired of being at home working and not able to do the things I need/want to do. Instead I sit in front of my computer screen and take on multiple responsibilities because of cuts made. I just don't like that my job requires a lot of my time. An even balance would be much more preferred.

Don't get me wrong:

I am thankful for my job and the people I work with and for; they are great people and its a great company. I'm just tired. Life has worn me down lately and so the long days and multiple projects and multiple work trips have just about done me in.

Our vacation planned for March never looked so enticing......

So please forgive this rant.....

-lp

1 comment:

  1. I think you have reason to be frustrated. No apology needed, ma'am.

    ReplyDelete