Thursday, January 7, 2010

St. Louis???????






I thought we were supposed to be in Hot Springs, AR right now preparing for the BIG game tonight by drinking coffee and prepping clam chowder or lasagna. Nope we're in the snow in St. Louis. When we left Tampa this morning there was ice on the plane and Tampa being Tampa doesn't have a way to de-ice planes except the by way of the sun. Yes we had to wait for the sun to heat the plane up and melt the snow. So we missed our connecting flight in Baltimore by 10 minutes which means we were re-routed to St. Louis where it is 12 degrees outside and snowing and they have the AC on. I'm super happy right now. So instead of arriving in Arkansas at 12 we will be getting there around 7 a whole day wasted sitting in airports. Bummer. Here are a few highlights of the fun we've had today. I thought it was going to be a good day when Southwest started me with a coffee with most adorable stirrer I have ever seen. I was wrong. There are some weirdos here at the airport; including snotty business men that are too good to sit down and have their hand on their hips while they talk on their phones and stand together in a group and pace, a man who just pulled his ear buds out of a vera bradley pouch, and every girl has the same hair cut and look on her face. My assumption there might be some in breeding happening in the mid-west and no one is talking about it(no offense Meg, no one looks like you I'm sure there is no in breeding in the Wiley clan). Here are some shots of us I took with my phone while we're just sitting here......



2 comments:

  1. I AM OFFENDED!!

    No, it's cool. There is a certain "look" in the Midwest, I've been told. Of course the 'burbs of MSP are nothing like that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't believe it was like that! Glad you made it safe and sound! At least we got to text a lot while you were waiting!! Talking to you made my day! Miss you!
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete