Wednesday, November 3, 2010

I Voted


I Voted.

Did you vote?

A few weeks ago MK suggested that we partake in early voting. I thought about it and decided no I did not want to vote early.  Here were my reasons:
1. As an American I have been blessed by God to have a government that allows me to have a say in who runs this great country.
2. Also as an American Woman I have the privilege to go to the polls to vote without fear of being discriminated against or harmed.  I remember when the first time I saw Iraqi voting taking place and women were able to go to the polls and vote, the pictures of it moved me.  If these brave women could decide to walk to the polls and vote and hold up their ink stained fingers then I could take the time on Election Day to go to my polls and vote.  Also there are many women in this world that today still do not have the rights that I have, so I felt like for their sakes I wanted to go to the polls and vote on the appointed Election Day.

3. I believe that it is my duty and Christian woman to participate in the these elections in order to help our country turn around from it's current wordly state.  Now I am not saying that all the candidates that we have are righteous, in fact sometimes I feel like I'm voting for the lesser of two evils.  But since our country is set up to elect our officials I should participate and have a say.

Now let me just remind everyone that I am not a political analyst, activist, or expert.  Nor am I overly informed about political issues.  But I do try to learn enough to make a good decision.  
I hope that if you feel like you should vote that you did vote (no matter who or what you voted for).  It's your way to have a voice in what is being done in this country.  I understand others exercising their right not to vote, if you don't know what or who you're voting for then it's probably best not to vote, or if you don't feel like it is your duty to vote you're entitled to that opinion as well.

- patriot lp


2 comments: