Monday, November 8, 2010

My Lasagna

Ok...

I don't think anyone's recipes are truly all their own.  In reality if you're making a traditional dish it all basically stems from the same basic ingredients.  The Lasagna I make is based on PW's recipe found here.  But I make a few healthy changes to it, these are the items I use:

Whole Wheat Pasta
Fat Free Ricotta Cheese instead of Cottage Cheese (I have an aversion to cottage cheese due to a certain Alabama camp counselor and some stories....I digress)
Low Fat Cheese
Ground Turkey - organic if possible or no added hormones for sure
Topped off with fresh grated parmesan cheese mixed with grated cheese out of the can

I cooked this for MK's b'day dinner, after all lasagna is his favorite.  Here is what it looks like fresh out of the oven.



Joey would LOVE to sink his teeth into this!  He just loves food, any food, all food!


If you make this hope you enjoy it!

-lp

4 comments:

  1. Looks DELISH!!! And ABSOLUTELY NO COTTAGE CHEESE!!! Haha! Miss and love you tons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos AND the food are looking so good! Sounds yummy. I made Greg lasagna once for his birthday and that was a labor of love! Do you feel your recipe is super time intensive??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meg - I think homemade lasagna is inherently labor intensive but the recipe PW has uses easy and cheap ingredients. You just have to plan ahead I guess, but it does make plenty and you can eat the leftovers for days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks DELICIOUS!! I haven't tried PW's lazagna recipe... when I make mine, after I bake it I divide it into two or three containers (depending on how much I have left) and freeze it... I figure if it's going to take THAT long to make something, might as well get several meals out of it! :) Jenn H.

    ReplyDelete